The Underwood 10mm nickel plating process provides several key benefits including; improved feeding in all actions of firearms, enhanced corrosion resistance over traditional brass, improved cosmetics, and ease of cleanup during reloading.
Nickel plated casings will not tarnish like brass during storage or when in contact with foreign materials such as leather, moisture, and other metals.
Until the development of the Ducta-Bright 7a process, nickel plating casings often limited the number of reloads as compared to raw brass. It was claimed that nickel plated brass casings embrittled the brass therefor making it less desirable for reloaders despite the ease of cleanup that nickel plating offers. In addition, ammunition engineers raising concerns of using nickel plating in very hot +P or magnum loads found that traditional nickel plating often cracked deep-drawn cases, or worse, lead to a total failure. This new process eliminates any concern, to the shooter or reloader, of hazard or ability to re-use the brass.
Underwood’s 10mm ammo is a popular choice for the caliber’s aficionado’s. Underwood loads their 10mm ammo to higher power levels while still safely staying with SAAMI’s pressure specifications. This 10mm load is topped with a high end Nosler jacketed hollow point projectile seated on top of a nickel-plated brass case that is reloadable. This ammo is purpose-built for self-defense and is loaded with flash suppressed powder to mitigate impairment to shooter’s night vision.
This unique combination of a full powered self-defense load is what makes this such an appealing choice for self-defense against criminals intent on hurting you or medium sized game. This ammo is loaded with a muzzle velocity of 1250 fps and a muzzle energy of 694 ft lbs.
Made In United States of America
Features and Specifications
What’s in the Box?
- Underwood 200 Grain Nosler JHP 10mmBarnes VOR-TX 10mm
Important Product and Safety Information
- To begin, you must be 18 or older to purchase Rifle or Shotgun Ammunition and 21 or older to purchase Handgun Ammunition. In ordering this product, you certify that you are of legal age and satisfy your jurisdiction’s legal requirements to purchase this product.
- Moreover, for safety reasons, we do not accept returns on ammunition. Always make sure you use the correct ammunition for your specific firearm.
- Similarly, the sale or shipment of this product to residents of certain jurisdictions is prohibited. Check your local laws before ordering this product. Check your local laws for any other regulations.
- Consequently, we recommend the use of protective eyewear whenever using or near the use of this item.
- Lastly, items will only be shipped using Ground Shipping to the contiguous 48 states only.